The Maine Green Independent Party believes that a healthy economy provides the following:
- Low unemployment.
- Jobs with living wages, equitable pay for men and women, and health care benefits.
- Accessible and affordable quality childcare
- Decent, affordable housing.
- Businesses that produce goods for local and regional markets.
- Strict pollution standards, with the goal of "zero pollution," a healing ecosystem, and clean and efficient renewable energy, and a thriving community of small and micro businesses and self-employed persons.
The Maine Green Independent Party beleives that economies exist to serve the needs of people, not the other way around. To that end, we take the stand that a civilized society should provide:
- A Full Employment Economy
- Jobs with living wages
- Equal Pay for Equal Work
- Protection of employment for all, regardless of gender identity, sex, race, religion or philosophy.
- Healthcare for All
- Childcare for working parents
- Safe Housing, Healthy Food, and Clean Water as human rights
- A healthy ecosystem in which life can not just survive but thrive.